BIG Daemon Prince WiP: pt 2

Primed
_____________________________

Here's a size comparison next to the Blood Thirster. As you can see he's HUGE lol. I plan on using him as an Apocalypse HQ in the future, but for now he'll fill the role of Daemon Prince

The Daemon Prince stands a little over 6 inches w/o wings and about 11 inches with them on. So much for hiding out of Line of Sight, lol.

Basecoats
_____________________________

The skin I used GW Tallarn Flesh foundation, the red areas are Mechrite Red foundation, Catachan on the green spots, and Kommando Khaki on the bone and claw areas.

The gold areas started out with a few coats of burnished Gold. I put on a few thin coats to get it to cover evenly. Normally I'd undercoat it with a brown or similar color, but it's not too important since most of it will be covered up.

Washed
_____________________________

The skin I washed with Ogryn Flesh. Once that started to dry I applied Baal red over the exposed red areas, letting a little run over onto the skin to make it blend a little.

The rest of the model I washed with good ol' Devlin mud. The "ooze" on the base was given a light coat of Dark Angels Green which bled onto the rock (bark area) which was based Codex Grey. Once that dried I did over the base and metal areas again with Devlin Mud.

Detailing
_____________________________

I started out by dabbing boltgun metal on all the golden areas. Once that dried I applied a thin amount of Scorched Earth on all the metal areas to give it a more tarnished look.

Scorched Earth was also applied on the edges where the torn flesh areas meet. This gives the illusion of blood clotting.

The chaos piece on his back armor plate shows how the tarnished look is turning out. The brown really adds a nice muted tone to the metal making it look worn down.

Right now he looks far too healthy to be an engine of pestilence and decay. Since he is a Nurgle Daemon Prince, he will soon get a nasty skin overhaul. All the skin areas will get a light green and yellow tint using glazes. The claws I plan to have bright green tips to represent noxious touch.

The tabbard hanging down, originally, was going to be painted a whitish/yellow color with the death guard symbol. I later decided I'm going to paint it flash colors as well, but have it blend to the tip to look more like dead skin. The Nurgle symbol I will try to make it look like it's been stitched on.

1 Comments:

s2ua7 said...

Man, your not done with that thing yet?? lol, j/kin, its looking pretty badass!! :)

Post a Comment