I considered doing the copper coupling method to add slots to the foam, but a majority of my army won't fit in them properly. Instead I took a piece of perforated foam left over from an old case and tore out the sections I needed. Fortunately I was able to get most of my figures in a sheet without much wasted space.
The case is from a Dewalt Tool set that was on display in a hardware store. A lot of those places save them and eventually throw them out, so if you can get your hands on them they work great for storage containers!
Argh... Chaos stuff is too pointy to fit in anything properly, lol. I think this will work out in the end, though.
Next Iadded more to the bottom layer then start on the top half. For that I used a piece of foam board and glued it to the foam with spray adhesive.
The uncut piece of foam board.
Here I used pieces that were about the same height and cut them to fit
Since this layer is thinner I may use it for more troops and oddities.
The foam on the bottom of the lid comes out and holds the rules books, dice, etc.
That's it so far. This weekend I'll get to gluing the foam together and making adjustments. After that I'll give it a coat of paint and maybe the Imperial Aquilla or Chaos Symbol.