Scratch built DP WiP

Recently my buddy over at WH40k by S2ua7 gave me some IG and Nid bits to play with. WooT! I was going to use them as accessories for my other Soul Grinder, but then I came up with this idea.

I need another Daemon Prince and at $35 each (pewter too) it's a little steep. This one started to come together over the course of a few hours.



The head is from the GUO kit, horns from KoS alt head, and other than the chest armor, most of the model is kit bashed from a Soul Grinder kit.








I have another matching claw which I'm thinking of using on the other arm (the melted gun was just a fun experiment lol). The legs are going to be filled out and armor plated. Once that's done I'm going to model a SM backpack and have the wings "tearing" out of the top vents.

Still a lot to work on, but I'm pleased with the results so far.

2 Comments:

Joe B said...

Chi3f - great use of all those bitz! I just read through the new Iron Warrior book and it had a great picture of a DP taking over a dreadnought that your work reminds me of. Keep up the good work!

Chi3f said...

Thanks man

It's funny you mentioned that, my buddy Hoot said the same thing (he's reading the Iron Warriors book too).

Post a Comment