Speed Painting: Tech Priest

I wanted to have this guy done fast so S2ua7 could use him this weekend. Work this week, however, spared few hours to devote to painting. Determined to finish him by Saturday I decided to speed paint him Friday Night for table top quality. This took a little over an hour.


Pic1 - Started the face with Tallarn Flesh base, followed by a layer of Mechrite Red to the hood and dry brushed boltgun metal on the body.

Pic2 - Detailed the face a little with dwarf flesh followed by Flesh Wash and more DF to finish it up. Painted the rest of the cloak Mechrite Red, washed with Baal Red, then a 50:50 mix with Dev. Mud. Added Dwarf Bronze to some of the features and re applied boltgun and chaos black to the body.

Pic3 - Cleaned up some details and added Badab Black Wash in the armor. Painted the Searchlight with Hawk Turqouis followed by a 50:50 mix with Ice blue. Added a little Tin Bitz (woot) to the base and drybrushed with Boltgun/Mithril

I'm pleased with how he turned out, but like any painter I hope to get my hands on the model again to finish it up.

3 Comments:

s2ua7 said...

Haha, I'll let you have it back if you want, I just need it back before the tournament :) We missed you after you left.... Guy got the worst rolls and was on the losing end of a beat down... I'm hoping he gets these rolls out of his system for the next tournament, but I'm looking forward to teaming up with him :)

Chi3f said...

Haha nice.

Poor Guy. I told him to roll with the other hand, that must be the high roller. No worries about the model, if it's good enough for the tourney I'll finish it up later.

That reminds me I need to get to work on the Valkyrie Teeth

s2ua7 said...

Oh yeah!! lol, are you going to the tournament? If so I will give it to you this weekend as long as you promise to bring it :) lol... I'm also going to suggest that Guy roll differently as there are several articles that suggest that the way you roll affects how the dice come up.... I know rolls are primarily random, but there are suggestions that if they continually roll the same way (ie: the same number up top and the same hand motions), that the dice are the same given that the surface is flat (like a plate not having the lip). Anyways, I'm still kinda bummed that I have not heard from GW about my questions yet...

Post a Comment