Avatar I - Basing and Priming

Working on the Eldar Avatar. I had to put it on hold since I wanted to re-prime the model. I noticed some areas of the base coat were chipping off as I was painting and decided to start over. While the model was in the dip tank I decided on adding a green stuff lava base to it, rather than the normal glue-n-sand method. I'm pleased with the results so far. It's subtle, but won't distract from the model like some bases I've seen. Check it out!



- - - Avatar of Khaine - - -








- - -Basing - - -

While the green stuff is still soft I added a few grooves to it. It is much easier to sculpt with the surface and tools wet.


After an hour I went back and started molding some detail to the base. I added some textures to the surface areas to help with highlighting later.


Primed and ready to paint


The next step is to start the lava flow between the armor and similar effects. I'm looking forward to finishing the base. Going to try a new tchnique for lava. More pics to follow in the next few days.

2 Comments:

s2ua7 said...

Wow, that looks pretty cool!! Less Avitar, more TechPriest!!! lol.. j/kin, but seriously, the Avitar looks sick and the base looks really cool!!

Chi3f said...

Haha thanks mang

I have the TP based and primed too. I'm alternatng between the two and with being on call I'll have free time to dedicate to painting. :)

Post a Comment