2v2 Tourney this weekend.

Bah, another week on call. Don't get me wrong, the extra money is nice, but I'm missing out on a tourney with my friends lol. I hope they do well.

Tourney Rules: Two players per team, 500 points each/1000 total. Each player has to provide one HQ and one troop choice, the rest is open.

Team Name: Taste the Rainbow
Players: Hoot and Crunch
Armies: Eldar and Ork
Tactics: Hoot is running an Avatar with a group of 30 Ork boyz out in front. Meanwhile, Crunch has a battlewagon full of Burnas and a Big Mek equipped with a shield generator. For added fire power Hoot has a squad of Rangers to hinder incoming enemy advances along with a nasty bunch of Striking Scorpions in reserves. Overall it's a pretty solid list and I think they will do well.

Team Name: Mage against the Regime
Players: S2ua7 and Mike aka "Guy"
Armies: Imperial Guard and Space Marines/Blood Angels
Tactics: S2ua7 has nearly perfected his IG army including a Valkyrie, Leman Russ tank, a squad of troops, and a command squad. They have proven to be quite difficult to stop and offer a lot of offensive and defensive fire power. If that wasn't enough "Guy" has a beefy squad of assault termies and a thunderfire cannon to rain down on the opposition. Add in his snipers with Telion, they have a lot of flexibility and staying power. It will be fun to see how they do.

Both teams have different setups so it will be interesting to see how they perform against the other teams. My guess is that there will be a majority of Ork and Space Marines variations (due to the Black Reach box set).

UPDATE: Grats to "Taste the Rainbow" for having best painted :D

2 Comments:

s2ua7 said...

It was so much fun. kr1ch and h00t got "best painted army" which I think is pretty sick!! Hey, I dont know if you can do it, but do you want to play a 500 point game 1 on 1 this next weekend? I really wanna proxy some stuff and I want to go up against an army I have no clue about so that I do not try and compensate my list for your army

Chi3f said...

Ahh that's sick! Yeha I'm down for next weekend fo sho :)

Post a Comment