Big 'Ead Bastion

Kastle Waaaaaagh Skull!


If you're as old as me you probably remember the cartoon He-man. I always wondered how nobody figured out Prince Adam was also He-Man. I mean WTF? The look exactly the same and are the only two guys in land with the same Jim Carrey Bowl Cut! But I digress...

As our combined terrain has accumulated, I noticed a lack of anything Orky. I decided it was time to finally sit down and start making some Orky stuff. After skimming through some old White Dwarf magazines and terrain pics I came up with a game plan: an imperial weapon's cache that has since been taken over, stripped down, and rebuilt by the Orks. Ok maybe it's not completely original but it'll work :)


The idea was to make something big enough to hold LOTS of ork boyz. It also had to be tall enough that multiple groups could occupy it. Three stories came to mind. May as well make it look like a face!



The biggest challenge was making it look organic. I decided to build it in layers starting with the building walls, interior, then layering the Ork panels and so on.

It was time to salvage materials. I went through the house and stripped anything that wasn't nailed down. I might have over done it, though...nah you can never have too much scrap! What's the old saying? One man's trash is another man's treasure.




For the flooring I just cut popsicle sticks and glued them down breaking a few for good measure. The grating on the top floor are old soldering boards and the cables are made from stripped ethernet cables, tied down to eyelet crimp connectors.


I took the torch and started "Mean'in" it up. A couple holes here, a few burn marks there, and some misc battle damage




For the spikes I took old sprue pieces and carved them to a point. They work great since they are light but durable and aren't sharp. In fact, I brought this to a game last week (painted up) and my friend thought they were rusted nails lol.

to be continued...








Ok... I had to throw this in. This is a He-Man parody dubbed to the song What's Going on? by 4 Non Blondes. EPIC! haha. Watch the cook at the end, LMAO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment