Nurgle - GUO I

EDIT: Oh yeah. Please vote on the poll to the right! Pick one (or as many) that you agree with. I want to know what kind of tutorials you like to read the most for hobbying.

Me personally, I like it when somebody makes a home made model out of the most unlikely of things, so I vote model customization.

Thanks for your input
_____________________


Hey my fellow bitheads! Been busy working on my army for the up-n-coming Campaign.

I figured it's a good time to get as much done as possible (at least basecoated). For me the most difficult part of modeling is getting it to the basing coat. I like to have seams clean and bases based. From then on I think it's easier since they can be table top quickly and detailed atat your own leisure.

With that said have a look at my latest wip: Great Unclean One




One problem I ran into on this guy is his chain (dragging on the ground) didn't pin right. It sits below the model. I didn't want to have to re pin and all that so I decided to raise him up a little. I put Green Stuff on the gaps of the chain to cover where the model doesn't join properly.

Step II: Base coat



I was debating on the base coat. Originally I was going to do white and work up, but I felt it was unnecessary. I decided to go with gray and I think it turned out pretty good. Notice the little dead Space Marine O___O

Step III: Adding in some Green



The first coat is Goblin Green. I'm hitting all the GS areas while trying to avoid the recesses on the body. Once that is finished I'll use a green wash and then onto the next color.

More pics coming soon

2 Comments:

s2ua7 said...

Looks awesome man. I saw what you had done last week and I'm looking forward to seeing it again tomorrow :)

Chi3f said...

Thanks.

It will look cool after some more colors. I'm using a combo of techniques I saw. The trick will be using the glazes to really spice it up.

Post a Comment