Soul Grinder 5: OSL (2)

The OST (Object Source Lighting) was turning out nicely, but I felt it needed more. After digging through many tutorials and such, I felt I should add more to the model. Here are the results.


I went back over the slightly glowing areas with Ultra Marines blue again. This time I took a little more care in trying to get over the model more. After that I worked a few layers up to Ice blue to a little skull white.


The plan from here is to get everything else finished on the body then go back and add some more OSL in the areas that need it like the sword arm. Once I get that done the model will be nearly done.

I might not play this guy in anything but tournaments depending on how it turns out. My plan is to use the other SG body in games until I finish my Nurgle Plague Grinder. That will give me two of these torsos and one I made myself, so I'll be able to switch them out accordingly.

A friend of mine suggested making a seperate base to turn the third body into a Daemon Prince. I'm not sure how I could accomplish this, but it sounds intriguing. It would at least add to the options of the army :)


It's turning out nicely. My only complaint is I don't like to drybrush too often if I can avoid it, as it can make the area look fuzzy. Still this has started off nicely so I'm looking forward to honing the technique on other models.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment