Lord of Change: Glued and ready for GS

I finally managed to get the LoC to stay together. All that remains is the easy (I hope) attachment of his left arm and gap filling.




As you can see the wings don't sit very well. I think they need to be pinned into place



Using a small carbide bit and dremel, I punched a hole through the wing. It was the perfect size for a brad or paper clip to slip through.



I marked the spot by "painting" the tip of the brad with a sharpie and pressing it against his shoulder. I then made a note of the angle and began to drill into the body.



The angle was pretty good, but the brad refused to stay in place. I switched to a paperclip and bent it to give it some tension and it held nicely.





The next day after work I drilled the other wing. This time it lined up better so the bard worked.



Satisfied with the results I re-glued the right arm (it pulled off slightly while the wing dried). As you can see from the first pic the model leans heavily on the right leg. Considering the weight of the model I may have to pin both legs to the base.





Here's a few examples of some of the gaps in the body. Most noticeably are the wings and how unstable they seat. Nothing a little Green stuff can't fix :)

My advice if you plan to pin a pewter model is let it cool if it gets too hot. At a few points I started melting the model when drilling which caused the bit to slip, lol. Aside from that make sure the bit is in pretty good shape otherwise it may seize up in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment